- The soldiers sat forward, poised to laugh.p. 30.7
- Though the bindings on her pink-and-yellow gown crushed her ribs, and the pearls and diamonds around her neck strangled her, she kept her chin high, poised.p. 137.6
- And inside the small chamber, kneeling before a darkness so black that it seemed poised to devour the world, was Cain.p. 311.9
- The creature sank back onto its haunches, poised to spring, and in that moment, Celaena came up with the most reckless and brave plan she'd ever concocted.p. 314.8
- What would she have said to the prince's bargain, had she known she would come to stand poised to lose so much?p. 341.4
There are no more uses of "poise" in Throne of Glass.
Typical Usage (best examples)