used in Throne of Glass
(click/touch triangles for details)
rules; or the way something is typically done
The exact meaning of porous
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "diplomatic protocol" — standard procedures followed by diplomats
- "The Kyoto protocol to reduce greenhouse gases" — a formal written agreement between countries
- "computer communications protocol" — technical specifications that describe rules that enable computers to communicate
- "research protocol" — rules or procedures followed during a research project such as a medical trial
- "concussion protocol" — rules or procedures followed after an athlete has a concussion
- "business protocol" — standard etiquette or conventions practiced in business
- If Captain Westfall insisted on protocol, then she'd give it to him in abundance.
- Though his features were a mask of protocol, she could have sworn she glimpsed a glimmer of amusement in his eyes.
There are no more uses of "protocol" in Throne of Glass.