used in The Mysterious Benedict Society
(click/touch triangles for details)
a quick look or partial understanding
The exact meaning of glimpse
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "I caught a glimpse of her when I was walking to class." — a very quick look
- "I glimpsed at the headlines." — looked quickly
- "Reading the book gave me a glimpse of the life of a devout Muslim immigrant in America." — a quick, incomplete view
- Because S.Q. had glimpsed the note, Milligan had chosen to be caught.
- Then, looking behind him, he glimpsed two flashlight beams passing through one of the other rooms.
There are no more uses of "glimpse" in The Mysterious Benedict Society.