- She didn't know if it happened that way, but she assumed it had.p. 242.5
- A mistake, since customers assumed they were also for sale.p. 16.2
- The man seated next to her assumed she was cold and offered his coat.p. 59.1
- "Sometimes you have to assume," Irene said.p. 67.6
- "He's a senior in high school but he's coming to Syracuse next year, assuming he gets in."p. 128.6
- Assuming Steve and Phil were in their right minds, and some people might dispute that, starting with their American history teacher.p. 172.9
There are no more uses of "assume" in In the Unlikely Event.
Typical Usage (best examples)