used in Zero Day
(click/touch triangles for details)
rules; or the way something is typically done
The exact meaning of porous
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "diplomatic protocol" — standard procedures followed by diplomats
- "The Kyoto protocol to reduce greenhouse gases" — a formal written agreement between countries
- "computer communications protocol" — technical specifications that describe rules that enable computers to communicate
- "research protocol" — rules or procedures followed during a research project such as a medical trial
- "concussion protocol" — rules or procedures followed after an athlete has a concussion
- "business protocol" — standard etiquette or conventions practiced in business
- He broke all crime scene protocols by doing a quick search of the dead man and retrieving his cell phone and wallet, which he pocketed.
- And if we work together and follow each of our protocols the odds are a lot better that we'll find the people responsible."
There are no more uses of "protocol" in Zero Day.