used in Angelfall
(click/touch triangles for details)
to restrain or control; or a means of control
The meaning of rein
depends upon its context. For example:
- "keep a tight rein on the new employee," or "rein in a horse" — to control or restrain
- "give the new employee free rein," or "give the horse full rein" — do not restrain
- "the reins of government" — means of control
- "the reins of the horse" — leather straps used with a bit to control a horse (You might like to think of other senses of rein as being figurative derivations from this sense.)
- But I rein in my thoughts.
- Amazingly, I rein it in.
There are no more uses of "rein" in Angelfall.