used in Angelfall
(click/touch triangles for details)
to move away or diminish (become less)
The exact meaning of recede
depends upon its context. For example:
- "We can't move back in until the floodwaters recede." — diminish and move away
- "Her fear receded." — diminished
- "The waves first advance and then recede." — move away
- "The news story receded into the background as it was replaced by new stories." — received diminished attention
- "a receding hairline" — diminished hair (each year the line where hair stops growing is higher)
- But I take it as a sign that the pain from the stinger must be receding if there's room for me to feel other sensations like smoke irritation.
- The buzz of the party breaks into bits of conversation as a couple of men approach the bathroom, then recede into background noise as they leave the area.
There are no more uses of "recede" in Angelfall.