(click/touch triangles for details)
- The whole family kissed each other goodnight and good morning, a constant tradition in the house —no matter what chaos my father was causing at the time.p. 56.1
- Only Robert Knox, held captive by a Kandyan king for twenty years, wrote of the island well, learning its traditions.p. 82.8
- Don't talk to me about Matisse ....
the European style of 1900, the tradition of the studio
where the nude woman reclines forever
on a sheet of blood
Talk to me instead of the culture generally—
how the murderers were sustained
by the beauty robbed of savages: to our remote
villages the painters came, and our white-washed
mud-huts were splattered with gunfire.
The slow moving of her cotton
in the heat.
Hard shell of foot.
She chops the yellow coconut
- Resthouses are an old tradition in Ceylon.p. 150.8
- It is important to understand the tradition of the Visitors' Book.p. 151.2
There are no more uses of "tradition" in Running in the Family.
Typical Usage (best examples)