(click/touch triangles for details)
- The Nuwara Eliya Tennis Championships had ended and there were monsoons in Colombo.p. 37.1
- And so, while monsoon and heat moved into deserted Colombo homes, it was to Nuwara Eliya that my grandparents and their circle of friends would go.p. 40.1
- The Monsoon Meet in May, the Hakgalle Stakes in February, the Nuwara Eliya Cup in August.p. 50.8
- The building has stood here for over three hundred years, in the palm of monsoons, through seasonal droughts and invasions from other countries.p. 67.9
- MONSOON NOTEBOOK (ip. 69.0
- ...the white liquid for tavern vats.
Down here the light
storms through branches
and boils the street.
Villagers stand in the shadow and drink
the fluid from a coned leaf.
He works fast to reach his quota
before the maniac monsoon.
The shape of knife and pot
do not vary from r8th Century museum prints.
In the village,
a woman shuffles rice in a cane mat.
Grit and husk separate
are thrown to the sun.
From his darkness among high flowers
to this room contained...p. 88.5
- The blind would
stumble certain of whom they approached
though you might bathe
under rain gutters, monsoon.
Here on the upper thigh
at this smooth pasture
neighbour to your hair
or the crease
that cuts your back.p. 95.8
- MONSOON NOTEBOOK (iip. 135.0
- And now, 4o years later, in early May, on the verge of monsoon weather, I have come here to visit my half-sister Susan and her husband Sunil.p. 165.5
- Susan moves up and down halls to the kitchens, organizing meals, reorganizing after the chaos of the first monsoon storm (burned out fuse-boxes, knocked down telephone wires, chicken wires, dismantled gardens).p. 167.0
- MONSOON NOTEBOOK (iiip. 190.0
- During the monsoon, on my last morning, all this Beethoven and rain.p. 203.9
There are no more uses of "monsoon" in Running in the Family.
Typical Usage (best examples)