(click/touch triangles for details)
- The men leaned their chins against the serene necks of the women, danced a waltz or two, slid oysters into their partner's mouths.p. 51.9
- She would stop the car and swim in the Mahaveli, serene among currents, still wearing her hat.p. 126.0
- She saw men on roofs fighting with each other, looting, almost surprised by the quick dawn in the mountains revealing them, not even watching her magic ride, the alcohol still in her—serene and relaxed.p. 129.5
- They slept on serenely with their rage for order in the tropics, while the train shunted and reversed into the night and there was chaos and hilarity in the parentheses around them.p. 154.8
- And then during the heart of the marriage sailed to Australia serene over the dark mountains in the sea, the bed of the ocean like a dragon's back, ridges and troughs and the darkest eye of the Diamantina crater.p. 188.5
There are no more uses of "serene" in Running in the Family.
Typical Usage (best examples)