used in Freakonomics
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
a struggle or disagreement
in various senses, including:
- a serious disagreement — as in "political conflict"
- the tension from two opposing ideas or feelings — as in "I'm conflicted about where I should go to college."
- a violent fight or war — as in "the Israeli-Palestinian conflict"
- an idiom that refers to tension between responsibilities to different entities — "conflict of interest"
- "Patients in traditional forms of psychotherapy while away their fifty minutes reliving childhood conflicts and learning to blame their unhappiness on how their parents treated them," Pinker wrote.
There are no more uses of "conflict" in Freakonomics.