used in A Man Named Dave
(click/touch triangles for details)
to call forth
The exact meaning of summon
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "summon to court" — officially demand that someone appear in court (call them to court)
- "summon the team to a meeting" — call upon the team members to attend a meeting
- "summon help" — call others to come and help
- "summon her courage" — call forth her courage from within
- The next morning after inspection, my drill instructor summoned me into his office.
- Summoning all my willpower, I would tell myself that no matter what happened between Mother and me, I would survive.
There are no more uses of "summon" in A Man Named Dave.