- By sheer luck, she wasn't cut in half The flat of the giant's blade caught her in the chest and sent her flying.p. 558.2
- They were safely harbored in the narrow waters, with a long, rocky island to starboard and the sheer white cliffs of the mainland to port.p. 200.1
- Hazel appreciated that, but it didn't make the sheer drop any less scary.p. 206.4
- They clawed their way out of the pit, then milled about aimlessly, chest-bumping each other for no apparent reason, pushing one another back into the chasm, shooting arrows into the air as if trying to kill flies, and occasionally, out of sheer luck, throwing a javelin, a sword, or an ally in the direction of the enemy.p. 504.4
- Hazel couldn't defeat her through sheer willpower.p. 546.5
There are no more uses of "sheer" in The House of Hades.
Typical Usage (best examples)