used in The Mark of Athena
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
most extreme as in final, best, worst, most important, or most fundamental
The exact meaning of ultimate
depends upon its context. For example:
- "the ultimate decision-maker" — the final
- "the ultimate car" — the best
- "the ultimate insult" — the worst
- "the ultimate source" — original or most fundamental
- "the ultimate sacrifice" — most extreme
- But now .... if they could discuss such a huge problem so calmly—the ultimate source of Greek/Roman hatred—maybe there was hope for the two camps, after all.
There are no more uses of "ultimate" in The Mark of Athena.