(click/touch triangles for details)
- The summons, backed up by the word "hospital," had been enough.p. 348.6
- I sat back, breaking away from her gaze, trying to summon some older-sister authority.p. 189.8
- I tried to summon some authority, but my voice trembled.p. 212.6
- Finally, I summoned a firm voice, in which I said, "If I were always perfectly open and truthful, then most of the work of being sure that I agree with you on everything would be already done for you, wouldn't it?"p. 260.4
- I summoned a note of sympathy into my voice.p. 300.8
There are no more uses of "summon" in A Thousand Acres.
Typical Usage (best examples)