- Naturally they assume Crake must have gone back up to cloudland.p. 361.9
- His father assumed he wanted to be comforted, which he did, and picked him up and hugged him.p. 18.5
- But even a castaway assumes a future reader, someone who'll come along later and find his bones and his ledger, and learn his fate.p. 41.2
- Snowman can make no such assumptions: he'll have no future reader, because the Crakers can't read.p. 41.3
- Assumption: that both arms are approximately the same length.p. 74.5
There are no more uses of "assume" in Oryx and Crake.
Typical Usage (best examples)