used in Oryx and Crake
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
not active or growing, but capable of doing so in the future
in various senses, including:
- a volcano that is not erupting and not extinct
- a plant not growing in the winter
- a disease that is not currently causing harm or growing worse, but which is not cured and might grow worse in the future
- a person's talents or feelings that are yet to be realized
- Every habit he's ever had is still there in his body, lying dormant like flowers in the desert.
There are no more uses of "dormant" in Oryx and Crake.