- Wind lifted in the piney casuarina trees, everything tiny and rendered in such sharp detail, framed and contained, yet alive, not static.p. 185.0
- Outside, snow continued to fall quietly through the darkness, as bright and thick as static in the cones of light cast by the streetlights.p. 3.8
- Caroline turned on the radio, searched through the static for a station, turned it off.p. 22.1
- Hold, please, she'd said, and words echoed, were delayed; people spoke at once and then stopped, revealing the wild static night that lay between them.p. 79.9
- She did not want to be stuck forever in this dark static night, David an unreachable distance away.p. 88.3
There are no more uses of "static" in The Memory Keeper’s Daughter.
Typical Usage (best examples)