used in The Memory Keeper’s Daughter
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- unconcerned — as in "She is indifferent to what is served to eat."
- unsympathetic — as in "She is indifferent to his needs."
- not of good quality (which may imply average or poor quality depending upon context) — as in "an indifferent performance"
- impartial — as in "We need a judge who is indifferent."
- "Is that so?" she said, indifferent.
- She had fought so many fights already to make a life for Phoebe in this indifferent world.
There are no more uses of "indifferent" in The Memory Keeper’s Daughter.