- The first held shots of anonymous infants, sleeping in their carriages, sitting on lawns or porches, held in the warm arms of their mothers.p. 363.6
- Now and then when she went into an office in Lexington, Norah would find a photo, anonymous yet eerily familiar too—some curve of her body or a place she had visited with David, stripped of its original meaning and transformed: an image of her own flesh that had become abstract, an idea.p. 181.8
- She had mailed letters to him from all these places, and then she had stepped forward out of this anonymous audience, looking so much the same yet older, tauter and tougher somehow, the softness of her youth long gone.p. 256.2
- What she wanted, more than anything, was to have breakfast with him every morning and dinner every night; to wake with him in bed beside her, not in some anonymous hotel room a hundred or five hundred miles away.p. 341.8
- So many photos, all these pictures of Paul, all these anonymous girls and women, mirroring his age.p. 365.1
There are no more uses of "anonymous" in The Memory Keeper’s Daughter.
Typical Usage (best examples)