used in The Throne of Fire
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- to write, carve, or etch words onto something's surface — as in "The names of the major donors will be inscribed on the front wall."
- to write a signed message and/or signature — as in "She inscribed the book with the message: I know this story will speak to your heart. Love Emma"
- to write down something when adding it to a list — as in "Their names were inscribed in the register of at Ellis Island."
- Sadie squinted at the hieroglyphic inscription.
Chapter 1 (77% in)
- The inscription on the sarcophagus had worn away centuries ago, but I supposed this was Beatrice's final resting place.
Chapter 7 (76% in)
There are no more uses of "inscribe" in The Throne of Fire.