used in The Throne of Fire
(click/touch triangles for details)
not normal and possibly dangerous — possibly alone
The exact meaning of rogue
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "a rogue state" — (politics) a dangerous country that ignores international conventions
- "a rogue animal" — (especially of an elephant) dangerous and not living with or like its kind
- "a rogue trader" — (finance) an employee who makes unauthorized and improper securities trades
- "a rogue wave" — (oceanography) a dangerous wave that is much larger than others around it
- "rogue cells" — (biology) tumor cells
- "He is a rouge." — someone who is deceitful and unprincipled (though possibly liked despite that)
- We'd combined forces (more or less) to defeat the god Set, but he still considered us dangerous rogue magicians.
Chapter 3 (72% in)
- Vlad's main talent is silencing rogue magicians.
Chapter 4 (56% in)
There are no more uses of "rogue" in The Throne of Fire.