Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat by Winston Churchill
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
in keeping with; or in agreement/harmony/unity with
This sense of accord
is often seen in the form according to
where it can take on more specific meanings. For example:
- "According to Kim, ..." — as stated by
- "To each according to her ability." — based upon
- "Points are scored according to how well they perform." — depending upon
- "The dose is calculated according to body weight." — in proportion to
- "We got a flat tire. Accordingly, I pulled to the side of the road." — because of what was just said; or as a result
- Mr. Speaker agreed, and took the necessary steps, in accordance with the powers conferred upon him by the Resolution of the House.
There are no more uses of "accord" in Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat by Winston Churchill.