(click/touch triangles for details)
- Courage indeed was needed for this, because the avant-garde's emigration from bourgeois society to bohemia meant also an emigration from the markets of capitalism, upon which artists and writers had been thrown by the falling away of aristocratic patronage.
- It is lucky, however, for Repin that the peasant is protected from the products of American capitalism, for he would not stand a chance next to a Saturday Evening Post cover by Norman Rockwell.
- The same holds true, of course, for capitalist countries and makes all talk of art for the masses there nothing but demagogy.
- What the acceptance of the isolation of the Russian Revolution forces Stalin to do, Hitler is compelled to do by his acceptance of the contradictions of capitalism and his efforts to freeze them.
- Capitalism in decline finds that whatever of quality it is still capable of producing becomes almost invariably a threat to its own existence.
There are no more uses of "capitalism" in Avant-garde and Kitsch.
Typical Usage (best examples)