used in The Lords of Discipline
(click/touch triangles for details)
attempted to do too much
The exact meaning of overextended
depends upon the context. For example:
- "She overextended herself when she bought the car." — took on too much debt or fixed expense
- "The army is overextended." — trying to do too much
- "She overextended the ladder." — made it too long
- "She overextended her shoulder." — stretched or reached too far
- "She overextended her stay with her brother." — stayed too long
- "While playing chess, she overextended her bishop." — moved it beyond a safe limit
- He was sweating profusely, and his face was flushed an unhealthy, overextended crimson.
Chapter 1.11 (53% in)
- At the other end of the parade ground, I heard Gauldin Grace's harsh, overextended voice screaming out the findings of the honor court.
Chapter 4.41 (88% in)
- In these dreams I satisfied my own sick and overextended need to be my own greatest hero.
Chapter 4.42 (19% in)
There are no more uses of "overextended" in The Lords of Discipline.