- It was fearful and terrible and sublime; it came from the great violent heart of us.Chapter 3.28 (92% in)
- To walk in the spire-proud shade of Church Street is to experience the chronicle of a mythology that is particular to this city and this city alone, a trinitarian mythology with equal parts of the sublime, the mysterious, and the grotesque.Prologue (32% in)
- But Bentley Durrell was not only a general, he was a sublime prototype of the species.Chapter 1.5 (4% in)
- I think it's this sense of sublime order that offends you, Will.Chapter 1.15 (71% in)
- That was the single most sublime and untranslatable mystery of the school.Chapter 3.26 (25% in)
There are no more uses of "sublime" in The Lords of Discipline.
Typical Usage (best examples)