All 5 Uses of
- This dichotomous couple, this sun and moon, this curandera and biologist, dreamer and realist, fire woman and water man, molded me; these two sides created a life-long conflict in my breast.†
Chpt 1 *
- The people who worked at the centers put in 80-hour weeks, covered weekly funerals and had to enter the doors of domestic conflicts armed with nothing but a prayer.†
- East L.A. also birthed artists, musicians and writers out of the wombs of conflict.†
- Yet this conflict would be the most intense and prolonged of our lives.†
- Rosie all of a sudden took my side of the issue, causing greater conflict.†
(conflict) a struggle or disagreementin various senses, including:
- a serious disagreement -- as in "political conflict"
- the tension from two opposing ideas or feelings -- as in "I'm conflicted about where I should go to college."
- a violent fight or war -- as in "the Israeli-Palestinian conflict"
- an idiom that refers to tension between responsibilities to different entities -- "conflict of interest"