- We would eat with our plates balanced on our knees in the living room, listening to the gospel music shows that were a warm-up to the evangelists.Chapter 1.9 (16% in)
- The hardness of it softened in the all-night gospel singings that ushered in the dawn with the promise that "I'll have a new body, praise the Lord, I'll have a new life," as babies crawled up into the ample laps of grandmothers to sleep across jiggling knees.Chapter 1.1 (18% in)
- He knew enough of the Gospel to be fearful of fallen angels, and he was afraid that it might have been dispatched from hell, special, to ferry him home.Chapter 1.1 (41% in)
- I would imagine they were chasing me as I flung myself on the bannister and slid down to safety, down to my momma and my brothers and the smell of baking cornbread and boiling beans and the sound of the Gospel Hour drifting from the plastic radio.Chapter 1.5 (40% in)
- Just like in the real thing, our electronic church had singing first, then the Gospel.Chapter 1.9 (20% in)
There are no more uses of "gospel" in All Over but the Shoutin'.
Typical Usage (best examples)