(click/touch triangles for details)
- I walk to the center of the arena and my guts writhe as Peter comes toward me, taller than I remembered, arm muscles standing at attention.Chapter 10 (30% in)
- Once I'm dressed and the urge to cry is gone, I feel something hot and violent writhing in my stomach.Chapter 14 (39% in)
- Someone else screams too, and someone yells for help, and Edward is still on the floor, writhing and wailing.Chapter 16 (70% in)
- My stomach writhes, partly because I know he makes a good point but I don't want to admit it, and partly because I want something I don't know how to express; I want to press against the space between us until it disappears.Chapter 22 (90% in)
- I can't seem tense, even though I feel like my insides are writhing within me.Chapter 28 (43% in)
There are no more uses of "writhe" in Divergent.
Typical Usage (best examples)