- There was such friendliness and charm in his eyes, such boyish eagerness to engage her, that she could only go along.Part 3 (37% in)
- But Briony, engaged in a shrill response to her brother's suggestion, writhed in his arms and turned her face from her sister and half buried it in Leon's jacket.Part 1 (59% in)
- Lola disengaged from her aunt and wiped her face with her napkin.Part 1 (75% in)
- Protective worrying, engaging with another's mind as one entered it, taking the dominant role as one guided an-other's fate, was hardly mental freedom.Part 1 (84% in)
- It was a signal for a new stage, a new level of engagement.Part 2 (81% in)
There are no more uses of "engage" in Atonement.
Typical Usage (best examples)