(click/touch triangles for details)
- They would turn their backs on her, her mother, the policemen, her brother, and go off with Robbie Turner to indulge some adult cabal.Part 1 (98% in)
- There was a time one would have received a bright and intricate response that would in turn have unfolded silly and weighty questions to which Emily gave her best answers; and while the meandering hypotheses they indulged were hard to recall in detail now, she knew she never spoke so well as she had to her eleven-year-old last-born.Part 1 (35% in)
- He rolled onto his side, eyes fixed and unseeing, and indulged a cinema fantasy: she pounded against his lapels before yielding with a little sob to the safe enclosure of his arms and letting herself be kissed; she didn't forgive him, she simply gave up.Part 1 (41% in)
- Briony indulged herself by looking through the window in a spirit of farewell.Part 1 (86% in)
- He assumed I was indulging him because we were close to our destination, and he refused.Part 3 (90% in)
There are no more uses of "indulge" in Atonement.
Typical Usage (best examples)