- In one, his big, good-natured face buckled in grief as Arabella sank in loneliness and despair.Part 1 (1% in)
- Once, in despair, he referred to Prometheus, chained to a rock, his liver devoured daily by a vulture.Part 2 (18% in)
- First, disappointment and despair, then a rising bitterness.Part 2 (57% in)
- You may feel perfectly satisfied with your pages as they stand, or our reservations may fill you with dismissive anger, or such despair you never want to look at the thing again.Part 3 (45% in)
- I watched her fall convincingly into poverty and despair, once abandoned by the wicked count—who was the prologue speaker in his black cloak.Part 3 (96% in)
- I like to think that it isn't weakness or evasion, but a final act of kindness, a stand against oblivion and despair, to let my lovers live and to unite them at the end.Part 3 (**% in)
There are no more uses of "despair" in Atonement.
Typical Usage (best examples)