used in Burned by Ellen Hopkins
(click/touch triangles for details)
a quick look or partial understanding
The exact meaning of glimpse
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "I caught a glimpse of her when I was walking to class." — a very quick look
- "I glimpsed at the headlines." — looked quickly
- "Reading the book gave me a glimpse of the life of a devout Muslim immigrant in America." — a quick, incomplete view
- I'm going to die, I thought, my eye catching a glimpse of four-inch claws.
- I wanted Dad to slow down, so I might catch a glimpse of what might live there, where civilization ended and my new life was about to begin.
There are no more uses of "glimpse" in Burned by Ellen Hopkins.