(click/touch triangles for details)
- She was as angry as the river, repelled by his pettiness and pedantry, his flight from the furious truth of the place to the name of a paltry trickle.4 — Mama (94% in)
- He had not meant to get into legal collection: all the force of his past, all the force of his personal kindness, stood against the paltry business of debtor chasing.8 — The Kleppmann File (16% in)
- He struggled to clear the images out of his brain, but against the undertow of his weariness his effort was paltry.9 — "Like a robber, I shall proceed according to my will." (22% in)
- The mare breathed deep and sighed, letting her back sag, infinitely weary of all man's paltry machinations, and Ben Hodge, servant of sunlit visions, whose heart was set on holiness—like the girl in the story his father told, who threw roses in the air—was silent.15 — The Dialogue of the Dead (22% in)
- It all seemed to Clumly a foolish waste of mind, these paltry illusions, magic tricks.21 — The Dialogue of Towers (34% in)
There are no more uses of "paltry" in The Sunlight Dialogues.
Typical Usage (best examples)