used in Hunger Games Book #2 (Catching Fire)
(click/touch triangles for details)
rules; or the way something is typically done
The exact meaning of porous
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "diplomatic protocol" — standard procedures followed by diplomats
- "The Kyoto protocol to reduce greenhouse gases" — a formal written agreement between countries
- "computer communications protocol" — technical specifications that describe rules that enable computers to communicate
- "research protocol" — rules or procedures followed during a research project such as a medical trial
- "concussion protocol" — rules or procedures followed after an athlete has a concussion
- "business protocol" — standard etiquette or conventions practiced in business
- I'm sure none of them actually know because, in the Hob, the standard protocol for someone showing up with a wild turkey is for everybody to bid on the drumsticks.
Chapter 8 (20% in)
- " They've been sending me all kinds of stuff about my itinerary and what protocol will be observed in each district.
Chapter 1 (97% in)
- " "Is that the standard protocol here?" asks the Head Peacekeeper.
Chapter 8 (19% in)
There are no more uses of "protocol" in Hunger Games Book #2 (Catching Fire).