(click/touch triangles for details)
- That didn't mean she was in the habit of thinking about herself as a sporting woman, but it was precisely that habit that Tinkersley expected her to acquire.Chapters 3-4 (19% in)
- They had been in Lonesome Dove nearly ten years, and yet what little property they had acquired was so worthless that neither of them would have felt bad about just saddling up and riding off from it.Chapters 7-8 (33% in)
- Over the years she had acquired a good eye for horses, and also for horsemen.Chapters 87-88 (2% in)
- No one but the Captain had ridden the mare since the Hat Creek outfit had acquired her.Chapters 99-100 (87% in)
- She had acquired some small shrubs somehow and was out planting them, bareheaded and in overshoes, when he arrived.Chapters 101-102 (9% in)
There are no more uses of "acquire" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)