(click/touch triangles for details)
- Gus seemed unaware that one of the more persistent topics of dispute on the Texas range was whether his voice was louder than Shanghai Pierce's.Chapters 3-4 (93% in)
- The question of marriage, about which Deets felt so free to chuckle, was a persistent one.Chapters 11-12 (62% in)
- Gus, who had been married twice and who whored whenever he could find a whore, was the main reason it was so persistent.Chapters 11-12 (62% in)
- Even more persistent than the thought of her reading the Psalms was another memory.Chapters 11-12 (70% in)
- Women are persistent creatures, and will try to nail you down.Chapters 93-94 (10% in)
There are no more uses of "persistent" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)