(click/touch triangles for details)
- Or do you just sit around all day with your throat parched.Chapters 7-8 (10% in)
- As he moved into the Quitaque, a parched country where shallow red canyons stretched west toward the Palo Duro, Augustus would see little spiraling dust devils rising from the exposed earth far ahead of him.Chapters 54-55 (23% in)
- The sun couldn't parch him while he was under the trees.Chapters 64-65 (94% in)
- Also, he grew stingy with water, which irritated the cowboys, who came in parched and dusty, dying for a drink.Chapters 89-90 (6% in)
- He looked around at the parched country, the naked ridges where the earth had split from drought.Chapters 89-90 (77% in)
There are no more uses of "parched" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)