- He was just repairing a cinch that had begun to fray.Chapters 48-49 (29% in)
- That, too, surprised her, for no man had ever commented, favorably or unfavorably, upon her clothes—not even Tinkersley, who had given her the money to buy the very dress Jake was holding, just a cheap cotton dress which was fraying at the collar.Chapters 13-14 (33% in)
- Lorena felt a touch of shame that a man would notice the fraying.Chapters 13-14 (33% in)
- A man who noticed a frayed collar with a near-naked woman standing right in front of him was a new kind of man to Lorena—one who would soon notice other things, some perhaps more serious than a collar.Chapters 13-14 (35% in)
- The young girls hung on to the widow's frayed skirts and cried.Chapters 15-16 (58% in)
There are no more uses of "frayed" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)