- Dish resolved that as soon as the building was done he would go like a streak for Nebraska.Chapters 97-98 (63% in)
- A time or two he even stood up to go to her, but his resolve always broke.Chapters 46-47 (43% in)
- He resolved to be very careful and make no move that might antagonize them until the situation was in his favor, which it wouldn't be until they got into the Kansas towns.Chapters 68-69 (10% in)
- He resolved to bend his wits to getting out while the getting was possible.Chapters 70-71 (83% in)
- But she didn't freeze, and Jeff and Johnny had been buried beside Jim, and despite her resolve never to lay herself open to such heartbreak again, she had the girls, neither of whom had ever had more than a cold.Chapters 75-76 (15% in)
- Only that morning she had been resolved to stay with Gus at all costs.Chapters 87-88 (91% in)
There are no more uses of "resolve" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)