- After he had thought about it for a while, Pea was profoundly glad the night was so dark.Chapters 93-94 (76% in)
- The sight embarrassed Dish profoundly—it went to the pit of his stomach, like the sound of the creaking bed when he first heard it.Chapters 7-8 (93% in)
- He had not bothered to shave for two days, a sign of profound demoralization.Chapters 23-24 (45% in)
- No one wanted to leave the campfire: the men who came in from the watches did so with profound relief, and the men who went out assumed they were going to their deaths.Chapters 91-92 (7% in)
- The deeper the river, the farther down you could be sucked, and Jasper had a profound fear of being sucked down.Chapters 93-94 (19% in)
There are no more uses of "profound" in Lonesome Dove.
Typical Usage (best examples)