(click/touch triangles for details)
- THEY'VE GOT A PLAIN WOODEN CROSS FOR THE PLAIN, PROTESTANT TYPES.p. 601.3
- Too bad neither of the ministers thought of that one, but the books of the Apocrypha are usually omitted from Protestant editions of the Bible.p. 128.1
- In the Protestant tradition, we turn to the Bible; when we want an answer, that's where we look.p. 147.7
- "He's quite .... miraculous," the Rev. Mr. Merrill said, smiling faintly—clearly glad that the Congregationalists preferred caroling to pageants, and clearly relieved that Owen Meany had moved no farther down the Protestant rungs than the Episcopalians.p. 232.9
- If a passing Protestant felt inclined to show the statue some small gesture of disrespect, the vigilant nuns would exit their guardhouse on the fly— their black habits flapping with the defiant rancorousness of crows.p. 275.6
There are no more uses of "Protestant" in A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Typical Usage (best examples)