(click/touch triangles for details)
- Owen knocked on the door a little more insistently.p. 608.9
- Since her death, Owen had hinted that the strongest force compelling him to attend Gravesend Academy—namely, my mother's insistence—was gone.p. 161.6
- He would continue to torture himself, of course, with the insistent and self-destructive notion that he loved my mother.p. 555.7
- Then a cloud passed over the hole the baseball had made in the stained-glass window of the chancel; Owen's gold medal glowed a little less insistently.p. 572.8
- The insistent breeze must have been coming off the desert, for it was not a wind I'd ever felt before, and I've never felt it since.p. 592.5
There are no more uses of "insistent" in A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Typical Usage (best examples)