(click/touch triangles for details)
- But as to knowing what he appeared to 'know'—there are other examples of p-p-p-precognition; not every example is necessarily ascribed to God.p. 534.0
- But in several other versions of the totem ascribed to Watahantowet, the figure has a tomahawk in its mouth and looks completely crazy—or else, he is making a gesture toward peace: no arms, tomahawk in mouth; together, perhaps, they are meant to signify that Watahantowet does not fight.p. 10.8
- The editorial and the subsequent weekly essays that Owen published in The Grave were ascribed not to Owen Meany by name, but to "The Voice"; and the text was printed in uniform upper-case letters.p. 293.9
- Even the roaches in the kitchen were not there out of any dirtiness that could be ascribed to Hester; and although she appeared to know a lot of guys, not one of them ever returned to the apartment and spent the night with her.p. 503.5
- Look at you—you never even believed in G-G-G-God; you've said so, and here you are ascribing to the h-h-h-hand of God everything that happened to Owen M-M-M-Meany!"p. 534.0
There are no more uses of "ascribe" in A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Typical Usage (best examples)