(click/touch triangles for details)
- It never occurred to us to question whether the town's ardent Little League followers were also steady patrons of The Gravesend Players.p. 279.9
- Several townspeople were standing with the players—mothers and dads and ardent baseball fans.p. 37.4
- And by the end of the summer of '58, he had something astonishing for a sixteen-year-old—in those days before all this ardent and cosmetic weightlifting, he had muscles!p. 290.6
- I remember those ardent simpletons who said—and this was after the massacre of those 2,800 civilians in Hue, in '68—that the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese were our moral superiors.p. 519.1
- He called Owen's parents "monstrous," while he outrageously presumed that God had actually "listened" to his ardent, narrow prayer that my mother drop dead; and he arrogantly presumed further that God was now silent, and wouldn't listen to him—as if the Rev. Mr. Merrill, all by himself, possessed the power both to make God pay attention to him and to harden God's heart against him.p. 556.5
There are no more uses of "ardent" in A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Typical Usage (best examples)