- His appeal for saving the California redwood trees, which followed immediately, got an ovation of wild, handclapping approval from Congress.
- The idea appealed to me so strongly I had to cast it off by force.
- Their appeals are to regional interest, showing complete contempt for privacy of conscience, and a willingness to destroy and subvert values that have traditionally been held supreme in this land.
- To a young girl who has nothing, has never known anything, the baubles she can get—both in a kind of crude affection and in gifts or money—by granting sex to a man or boy appeal to her as toys to a child.
- That year, in President Johnson's State of the Union message, his appeals for social justice and civil rights met with absolute silence from Congress—not a single lone handclap of approval broke that silence.
There are no more uses of "appeal" in Black Like Me.
Typical Usage (best examples)