(click/touch triangles for details)
- If we are to get on with our story, however, it will be impossible to fathom and analyze all of that.5.2 - My God, I See It! (42% in)
- Analyzed and put into words, his feelings might have been expressed as follows: there was something religious, gripping, and sadly beautiful, which was to say, spiritual about death and at the same time something that was the direct opposite, something very material, physical, which one could not really describe as beautiful, or gripping, of religious, or even as sad.2.1 - The Baptismal Bowl / Grandfather in His Two Forms (85% in)
- These unpleasant sensations, however, were counterbalanced by the comfortable position furnished by the lounge chair and its almost mysterious properties, which Hans Castorp found difficult to analyze but which had found his highest approval from the very first and had stood the test again and again.4.2 - Excursus on the Sense of Time (28% in)
- And, depending on whether only a few isolated bacilli were to be found in the sample analyzed, or whether they were present in untold quantities, the patient was assigned a Gaffky number— on which everything else depended.6.1 - Changes (5% in)
- European pharmacology had known of it, by the way, for less than three hundred years, and chemistry had discovered quinine less than a hundred years before—that is, the alkaloid that was the basis of its virtue—discovered and to some extent analyzed it, though thus far the chemists could not claim to understand its composition well enough to produce it artificially.7.4 - Mynheer Peeperkorn (Continued) (10% in)
There are no more uses of "analyze" in The Magic Mountain.
Typical Usage (best examples)