(click/touch triangles for details)
- But all the same, he can't help steering Russian expansionism toward Europe, reawakening sleeping rivalries between Saint Petersburg and Vienna.6.2 - Someone Else (70% in)
- They both enjoyed, however, their visits with Anton Karlovitch Ferge from Saint Petersburg, a fellow with a huge good-natured moustache and a protruding Adam's apple that somehow seemed equally good-natured; he lay there in his bed, recovering very slowly and with great difficulty from an attempted pneumothorax, which, Herr Ferge said, had come within an inch of costing him his life.5.8 - Danse Macabre (66% in)
- Edward knows as well as you or I that the potentates in Saint Petersburg have to make good their losses in Manchuria and desperately need to distract their own revolutionaries.6.2 - Someone Else (69% in)
- The first, his neighbor on the left, was A. K. Ferge, the good-natured martyr from Saint Petersburg, from under whose bushy reddish-brown moustache came anecdotes about the manufacture of galoshes and tales of distant regions, the Arctic Circle, and the perpetual winter at North Cape.6.5 - An Attack Repulsed (10% in)
- The singers he listened to, but could not see, had bodies that resided in America, in Milan, in Vienna, in Saint Petersburg—and they could reside where they liked, because what he had was the best part of them, the voice, and he valued this purified form, this abstraction that still remained physical enough to allow him real human control, and yet excluded all the disadvantages of too close personal contact, particularly if they happened to be fellow countrymen, Germans.7.7 - Fullness of Harmony (39% in)
There are no more uses of "Saint Petersburg" in The Magic Mountain.
Typical Usage (best examples)