(click/touch triangles for details)
- With two very simple questions, it seemed, he had dumbfounded him, refuted every possible argument, even the world republic and beautiful style.5.1 - Eternal Soup and Sudden Clarity (66% in)
- But I'm not there yet," Hans Castorp said, dumbfounded, keeping his seat.1.1 - Arrival (38% in)
- I was absolutely dumbfounded by the risks you take with oils, I would never have the courage.6.1 - Changes (33% in)
- The people at the other tables were staring their way now, all ears—actually at only one table, since the Swiss guests had already gone and only the Dutch were listening with dumbfounded expressions to this erupting dispute.7.9 - The Great Petulance (60% in)
- And a dumbfounded Hans Castorp had to watch as Ferge pulled the dreadful case from under his cape.7.9 - The Great Petulance (94% in)
There are no more uses of "dumfounded" in The Magic Mountain.
Typical Usage (best examples)