(click/touch triangles for details)
- To our nocturnal musician's ears, this one piece's soothing effects made it worth many others.7.7 - Fullness of Harmony (62% in)
- In both cases, we are dealing with a symbolism of last and ultimate things, with elements of orgiastic primal religion, with unbridled nocturnal sacrifices in honor of dying and ripening, of death, transformation, and resurrection.6.8 - A Good Soldier (34% in)
- We had just celebrated a little feast, had enjoyed food and drink, and linking arms in an elevated mood, in a humanely relaxed and adventurous spirit, we sought out our nocturnal couches in the small hours of the morning.7.4 - Mynheer Peeperkorn (Continued) (83% in)
- Certainly the slightest deviation from the Berghof's customary nocturnal peace, the tiniest muffled disturbance, even the barely perceptible sound of someone moving in the distance, was enough to bring him wide awake and make him sit up in bed.7.5 - Mynheer Peeperkorn (Conclusion) (76% in)
- But it was what they now sang to each other, or at times with one another, concerning this situation, interrupted now and then by the muffled tones of the ceremonies several stories above—it was this exchange of song that deeply stirred the soul of the lonely, nocturnal listener, both in regard to the situation and its musical expression.7.7 - Fullness of Harmony (52% in)
There are no more uses of "nocturnal" in The Magic Mountain.
Typical Usage (best examples)